- Increase fuel efficiency by 5% to 12%
- Increase power levels and reduce maintenance by reducing carbon buildup
- Significantly reduce toxic emissions including the soot caused by incomplete combustion
- Improve “light-off” time (20-40%) dramatically reduce bacterial growth
- Can be installed anywhere on the fuel line
Diesel fuel is widely used in power plants of all sizes in areas where grid power is not available or reliable. Therefore, there is a transportation element and storage element accounting for the deterioration of the fuel prior to combustion. Fitch units can be installed on a circulation pump to maintain optimum fuel quality in a storage tank or directly on the engines to provide the horsepower to turn the turbines.
Reformulate diesel, gasoline and propane allowing you to extract more energy and resulting in a more complete burn
Generators tend to run at a fairly constant speed, say 1800 rpm; however, variation in electric load will cause fuel consumption to change. Stand-by electric generators could also benefit from Fitch treatment with a circulating pump. The 1,000 gallons or so in the supply tank need to be optimum when the generator is needed in an emergency. In places like remote areas, Fitch units are used to improve fuel quality for tens of thousands of towers powered by diesel generators.
SUCCESS CASES, VALIDATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
CAT 3412 GEN-SET, 3412 PROPULSION ENGINE, 3406 GEN-SET-HAWTHORNE CATERPILLAR SAN DIEGO, CA
- Field test on Caterpillar 3412 gen-set on a vessel in the South Pacific.
- Water Brake dynamometer test on a Caterpillar 3412 propulsion engine at the Hawthorne Caterpillar dealer located in San Diego, CA.
- Resistive/reactive load bank test on a Caterpillar 3406 powered 300 kilowatt gen-set at the Hawthorne Caterpillar dealer located in San Diego, CA.
ANALYSIS OF RESULTS
Engine performance (horsepower and torque, responsiveness and noise) benefited from the presence of Fitch treatment. The ramp mode data(2 sets with FFC verses one baseline) clearly indicated significant fuel savings of nearly 20% compared to baseline numbers when data are normalized to horsepower and torque produced by the engine.
Also, it is obvious from the comparison of the 4 sets of graphs of the ramp mode data that engine performed dramatically better with the FFC fuel. The engine reached much higher levels of torque and horsepower with the FFC treated fuel. Fuel savings were significant and well documented in all three evaluations.
Differences between results can be primarily attributed to differences in the quality of the fuel used in each project. In the field test onboard the ship; savings were in the range 8.5 to 12 % in part due to the quality of the fuel supplied. In Test 2) the dyno test in San Diego we procured aged fuel that had been in storage for at least 6 months. In Test 3) the load bank test, it was decided to use the current ULSD #2 fuel supplied from the dyno test cell’s day tank. Even with this relatively high quality fuel, a significant economic benefit from employing the FFC (1/4gph) was apparent.
With the normal fuel employed by the fleet in the South Pacific, the fuel savings and other benefits to emissions and engine performance will be substantially greater than this test measures. The combination of the series of three separate evaluation projects clearly supports this conclusion.
FITCH FUEL CATALYST INSTALLED ON 25MW TURBINE
CONSTELLATION ENERGY BALTIMORE, MD
Engine: Westinghouse 251AA 25 Megawatt diesel fired turbine
Facility: Operated by Constellation Energy – Baltimore, Maryland
Results with Fitch installed
- Reduced Visible Smoke
- Improved “light-off” time from 12 to 2 sec
- Improved effective “light – off” 95% vs. 65%
Fitch Fuel Catalyst Heavy Duty Engines
- Die-cast aluminum head
- Steel bowl assembly
- Viton “O” ring seal
- 1 ½” NPT Thread
- Black Powder coated components
- “Locking ring collar” – no V-clamps
- Designed to withstand 150 PSI Maximum pressure at 250 deg. F
- Manual drain valve
- Manual vent valve
- Warranted for 10,000 operating hours
- Head dimension 8” x 8”